Monday, April 28, 2008

The Saddest Word

Ok ok...i'm here to warn u first, this is going to be a long one. (Okla...since i wrote two short ones al'd...hehehehe, let me write a long one la k!) Em...jus suddenly reminded me of an old story tat i hav read in a magazine long long time ago...but strangely, i have kept it in my heart. Becoz it could be one of the saddest stories i've ever heard...er, guys, this might be a bit too mushy so u all, but girls, i think u will agree wit me after u finish this story. Bear wit me...


This story is written in chinese. I'll try to translate into english as well as i can be. Here's how it goes....


Why do u need to do tat? I know tat mean old buly is always after me, pulling my hair and making fun of me. But why do u need to defend me by standing up against him? U know...u arent big sized urself and besides, i dun need ur protection, u r a year younger than me. I can take care of myself. Yet everytime, u will act strong and help me out. I was 14 and u were 13 then.


We became good frens...we chatted and laughed together. We fuss over all the exams we were studying for and deciding which senior high school we will be going after our junior high. I was 15 then and u were 14.


Then i left junior high and got accepted in the local girl's school. We bid each other farewell and yet didnt feel a least bit sad. But after school started we fell slightly apart, i didnt call as much...and in return, u were facing ur applications exams. We were...busy. But i always caught the sight of u since the route we take to schools intersects. Soon, everyday, i saw u at the bus stop, and i will ask u:" Wat are u doing here?" And u will slightly drop ur head and mumble:"Er...nth, jus coincidently passing through." I was 16 and u were 15.


After a year later, guys started going after me and i was glad wit the attention. And soon, i got a bf. I called u and told u the good news. U congratulated me and i talked bout how nice and good he is. U never complained listening to my bragging. By this time, u were al'd in senior high and teased u for going after the new high school girls...u shyly denied. I was 17 and u were 16.


The year i was about to graduate, my first heart break came. I broken up wit my bf. And i was depressed. U came over and comforted me. U listened to me cry and let me drenched ur shirt. U didnt say a word, u were jus there. I felt something more bout u...and decided to tell u bout it...but b4 i had the chance, u called me and said u got a girl...i swallowed my words and congratulated u. I was 18 and u were 17.


After graduating, my parents decided to send me to US. I let go of my feelings and went. I wished u all the best. She is a swell girl. U didnt wan to leave the country becoz u cant afford it. So u stayed and i left. I was 20 and u were 19.


I studied in a university in U.S while u were attending a local college. We often emailed and send letters. We even waste money on some long distance calls jus to catch up wit each other. U called one day and say she left. I stayed wit u as how u stayed wit me the last time. And u said u wanted to tell me u cared for me ever since a long time ago...i was surprised yet i forgot to tell u i met someone here al'd...u kept quiet a long time and brushed tat comment away. I was 22 and u were 21.


On and off we still keep in touch and we brought each other through the many heart breaks. But yet, i never told u how i feel by teling myself we were jus frens. We remained best frens and one day, i think i surprised u by telling u i'm getting married to my bf here in U.S. I was thrilled and u were happy for me. Yet, all i want most is to see u at my wedding. I asked of u, yet u sound hesitated. I sent tickets to my frens and family back home...including one for u. I was 26 and u were 25.


On my wedding day, i was dressed up and feeling beautiful. Ppl congratulated me and i felt happy. I was even more happy when i see u walking through the door. U gave me a hug and told the groom wat a lucky man he was...i was definately glad u came. After the ceremony i search the crowd for u...yet i couldnt see u. Somehow i went walking around the church garden and strangely, i spotted u under the tree. I asked u :"Wat are u doing here?" Though the light was dim, i could see tears in ur eyes, u touched my cheek lightly and shyly said:"Er...nth, just coincidently passing through". As we hugged and cried. I knew, u knew, we realized.






The saddest word? Too Late. If only the girl and the guy in this story realized earlier, things would be different. but then it as too late. When i recall this story, i always dread tat i would end up like tat. Losing the person tat i truly love. Isnt tat horrible? Life is such a funny thing sometime. As the chinese saying goes:"You yuan wu fen".



The worse kind of miss is when u hav tat person sitting beside u and u know u cant be together wit that person.

3 comments:

Elena's said...

yeap..... so agree..

yoon said...

exactly..
i agree with that. but,as much as we agree with it..do we dare to take a step out? sigh.

Adi said...

Hey Eve! How are you? So sorry that I haven't really stayed in touch with ya. My bad! But I haven;t forgotten about you guys! I saw you coming online on msn (although I am appearing offline) and you mentioned your blog on your personal message. I always thought it was Eva's, but now I see it was yours the whole time! Anyway, I've just skimmed through some of your posts coz I'm supposed to be studying now. Yeah, you can really tell you like to read books by the way you write. Anyway, keep up tha good work! Hope to catch up soon! Cheers! Adi