Sunday, April 13, 2008

A tAste of Uni

Heya...for some of u who STILL dun know...i'm in UPM now. Which is Universiti Putra Malaysia. Not Uni Perempuan or Pertanian...and after one semester in uni...honestly, i'm still not 100% used to tat place...especially when i need to stay in campus. (Maybe it has to do wit me coming home every wednesday till monday...which means i only spend two nites there every week). Hehehe... And i realized some ppl have different thoughts of wat uni is like. Some love it and some hates it...but most of the ppl my age will go..."wah...stay in campus very cham hor?" but the older age group (like parents and auntie and uncle) will go "WAH!! can go uni! So nice hor?" Ya....that shows how age gap plays it's role. So...i'm here to post up some pics in my campus to let u see...well...there's a bit of cham, and a bit of nice...
I stay in K17 (Kolej 17) which is...er...the newest part of UPM...yet, the furthest away...where practically no one goes there except for ppl who stays there. UPM is generally HUGE. Basically broken into 3 parts. 2 big and one small. Largest is Main Campus...where all the faculties are. Then followed by an area opposite it which holds kolej 1-16. And the smallest and tiniest area holds kolej 17 and the medical faculty. Em...i take bus every morning to the main campus....and to show u how far i have to travel to get to main campus is like...u staying in INTI College Subang Jaya and your class is in Subang Parade. em...something like tat.






So...this is basically my room...which i share with another roomie...currently a sweet Indian Muslim girl named Nadiah. I sleep near the window btw if u dun realize...and coincidently, the same position of where i sleep at home...haha! Quite comfy...and furnished in my fav colour...





And this is where i study...er...on the top shelf is where all my junk food and essential survival food are placed. (Dun even know how am i to survive with the food i get around here....) I bet many dun know...i dun have a table in my room at home..i basically study on the floor...or on my bed...so having to study on a table...er...let's jus say it adjusted my composure...


Basketball underneath my table is my GOOD friend. Of course besides accompanying me to several basketball games....it also keeps my feet occupied while studying....hehe!







This is wat i see when i look out my window during the evenings...kinda nice eh?
But i frequently hear the unmistaken voice of basketballs on the concrete floor...calling me to leave my books for a good game. Ahhh!! the temptations...










This is the view during nite...since it's on a hill surrounded by nth but good ol' trees...it's darn cooling at times...especially if it rains.






The cool wind is most welcoming after several 'fights' wit the text book.





So...this is how the new campus looks like...pretty cool huh? I'm not complaining. But because of the lack of ppl here....they do not make very good food...er, to be real honest, it sucks. I do not know how ppl survive the food here...and i'm not the only one...ppl eat here to really...er, survive. Not becoz they wanna to eat. Above all...everything is a-ok...

My mom told me once tat she told one of her colleagues tat i get to study in a uni...
She said:" She is so fortunate to get into a uni."
Colleague replied:" Yea! She is...it's so difficult to get into one."
My mom responded:"I didnt got the chance to get into one...but at least i get to sleep on the bed."
"What?! I didnt even get to sleep on one!" came the reply.

This shows tat how our elders yearn to get into uni at their time...they practically love uni life though they have never ever experienced it b4. I wonder wat they would say of they did? Hahaha...(btw, my mom did slept on my bed for a while waiting for me to packup to get ready to go. -_-")

Well...i guess i better get use to it...i do still have 5 more years to go...

Ok...for more pics, u can check it out at UPM's official website http://www.upm.edu.my/ My finals are here...and i'm updating my blog...sigh!!

*Snoozeeee...*

2 comments:

Me-lvin said...

FUH!!! 5 more years. Champion!

Eve said...

Haha...wont die wan...maybe half dead only. Hahaha!